Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do I edit the bbPress css

• Nazaire
    Participant

@nazaire

I’m wanting to edit the css of bbPress to tweak the appearance of my forums, specifically the font size. I’m running WordPress 3.5.1, bbPress 2.2.4, and using a twentytwelve-child theme. My forums are at

I found the “bbPress Custom CSS File” plug-in but according to the description I do not need it.

** This plugin is for bbPress 2.1.x. If you are using bbPress 2.0.x please upgrade. If you are using bbPress 2.2, read below.**

bbPress 2.2+: As of bbPress 2.2 this plugin is NOT needed. bbPress will auto-detect the CSS file if it exists in the right location.

Copy the CSS file from wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-themes/bbp-default/css/bbpress.css to wp-content/themes/[yourtheme]/bbpress.css.

Following the instructions above I have copied the bbpress.css file from the bbpress plugin’s css folder to “wp-content/themes/twentytwelve-child/bbpress.css”. When I go into the WordPress dashboard under appearance-edit the bbpress.css is available for editing.

So assuming I have the bbpress.css file in the right place (if I don’t please instruct me where I need to put it for editing), which line of code in the bbpress.css file do I need to edit to change the font size on my forums.

Any assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

So I have to apologize. That’s actually my plugin and I had an “oops” in the readme.txt.

What you did was close, except the CSS file needs to be placed in `yourtheme/css/bbpress.css`.

Once you move it bbPress should auto detect it. I’ve updated my plugin to reflect the correct path, thanks for pointing that out.

blastblast
    Participant

@blastblast

@jaredatch

hi, new to the bbpress forum

As, I posted here https://buddypress.org/support/topic/sticky-color-screenshot/

I would like to change the font color of the sticky post in bbpress from the light grey to black.

In the
    /wp-content/themes/bp-default-child/style.css

I inserted

.sticky {
    font-color: black;
    }

and it did not work.

After researching I stumble across this topic and I’m guessing editing the bbpress.css would be the answer, correct?

If so, before editing bbpress.css, I would like to make a backup or child theme version.

So if I’m following your instructions, would it be correct to place the bbpress.css in my /wp-content/themes/bp-default-child/bbpress.css folder or do I have to create a css folder thus placing it in /wp-content/themes/bp-default-child/css/bbpress.css.

Sorry if I’d got off track, ultimately, I would just like to change the sticky post color from light grey to black in the simplest way possible (without a plugin).

Any guidance would be helpful
    thanks

Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

Try:

.sticky { color: black; }

not font-color.

blastblast
    Participant

@blastblast

Thanks but it is still the same light grey color.

Nothing changed.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar