Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do I create link to site wide forums page in custom menu or main navigation?

• Installing Group and Sitewide Forums

Hi, I’m a real wordpress noob. I followed the above instructions step-for-step only to come across this message in the middle of the instructions…

“[Note: You will have to create the link to your sitewide forums page in your custom menu or main navigation. The menu links in the image below were created prior to setting up this tutorial.]”

Now, I need instruction to create the link to my site wide forums page in my custom menu or main navigation.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • What theme are you using?

By default, navigate to Appearance > Menu in your dashboard. Create a custom menu by entering any name you desired.

In the “Custom Link” section, insert the site wide forums URL, give it a name and add it to the menu. You might also want to add something else in your menu besides the Site Wide Forums.

Save the menu, and in the “Theme Locations” section (if you theme support it, although most theme should have this feature), select where you want the menu to show up. Save it, and you’re done.

If you theme do not support a custom menu, then you’ll need to manually add the wp_nav_menu function in your theme template, or putting it as a widget.

Thanks, sniperkitten! To answer your question, I’m using the default BuddyPress theme (1.5.5.) by the BuddyPress Team. I really appreciate the help. Thanks to you, my forums are up. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar