Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do I add a sidebar to all topics pages?

• drceng
    Participant

@drceng

I’m a coding novice & tried the Content Aware Sidebars plugin…but I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong since I still can’t see the sidebars in any of the topics.

Thanks in advanced for the help! 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• foresme
    Participant

@foresme

Hello! I’m interested in this to. You can add a sidebar manually to each topic page by going into ‘edit topic’ and selecting the layout option for the page that has a sidebar.

However, I would like to know if there’s a default option to have sidebars for ALL topic pages, without adding the sidebar one by one…

Robin W

@robin-w

foresme
    Participant

@foresme

@robin-w

Thank you! Very helpful.

I followed the instructions for #8, and added a sidebar.php file (renamed bbpress.php) to my theme root > however, when I did that, all my forum topic pages went completely blank – showing only a white page.

I would really love this solution to work, as it’s perfect, but not sure what to try now…?

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm… suspect that your sidebar.php was a sub template for just showing the sidebar.

There should be a page template in your theme that includes a sidebar. What theme are you using?

drceng
    Participant

@drceng

Howdy Robin-w!

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond & provide some links, but even after all the different instructions I came across, this was one that still had this novice stumped. After spending much too much time trying to stumble through it, I gave in & had a consultant fix it in a day for $15. Money well spent. 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed !

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar