Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How can I disable HTML in posts?

• Hi everyone,

I want to disable HTML codes in posts. I am using “BBcode Lite for bbPress” and I dont need html codes to edit my post. When my member want to add a HTML code that is useful to forums the code works and havent seen properly. How can I disable?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The allowable HTML tags are in an array called bb_allowed_tags. I think you could create a plugin that just empties that array.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/hooks-038-filters-docu#post-6740

I’ve only seen people requesting the opposite, allowing additional HTML markup, so I’m not sure exactly how to do this.

Thanks for your help. I tried but I couldnt do it. Any other ideas?

The function you’re looking for is bb_allowed_tags in functions.bb-formatting.php, and the allowed tags are stored in an array called $tags.

Create your own plugin file in /my-plugins/, activate it, and apply code to remove (unset) the desired HTML tags from the array. Or just empty the array completely (although I haven’t tested this). Below is an example where I removed anchor/hyperlink functionality in posts:

function remove_a_in_allowed_tags( $tags ) {

unset($tags);

return $tags;

}

add_filter( 'bb_allowed_tags', 'remove_a_in_allowed_tags' );

You can quickly test this by inspecting the $tags array with the following code:

// test allowed tags

$tags = bb_allowed_tags();

print_r($tags);

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar