Categories
Search
Bottom

How can i allow users to reply in specific topic or forum with signing in

• M Hassan Raza
    Participant

@hassanraza

Hi,

I want to make all the topics visible to public but only registered users can reply on those. Just one or two specific topics where i can allow all visitors to reply without registration. I can’t find any settings like that. Is it possible in any way?

Best Regards.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Matoca
    Participant

@matoca

Create two forums. One requires users to register to create topics and replies. Create a second forum and allow anonymous user to create topics and replies. As long as both forums are visible to the public anyone could read the topics and replies. Be sure you have Akismet enabled or you might have some problems with spam etc.

I run an anonymous forum, but I also have registered moderators using the same forum. I also have two private forums, both require users to be registered, one is only for the moderators and the other is for users who need a private place to talk with moderators. I make those user accounts for them and give them just enough privileges to use a private forum.
    my best
    matoca

M Hassan Raza
    Participant

@hassanraza

Thanks for the reply Matoca. Please let me know how to set multiple settings for forums. I have created some already. I can set their visibility but not privileges. There is only one general setting in ‘Settings > Forum’ with checkbox ‘Allow guest users without accounts to create topics and replies’.

Feeling a bit noob after your reply as i had browsed all the settings already.. Can you please guide me through settings what you have mentioned before.

Thanks

M Hassan Raza
    Participant

@hassanraza

Please do check if you have installed any extra plugin for that functionality.

M Hassan Raza
    Participant

@hassanraza

@matoca can you please reply me about this query.!

stevendavis2018
    Participant

@stevendavis2018

Download and install the BBPress Toolkit plugin. After you install the toolkit you will see BBP Toolkit under the Dashboard Tools menu. Select close forums and you can assign specific privileges to each forum.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar