Categories
Search
Bottom

How can I add a plugin to this site?

• Mike Challis
    Participant

@mikechallis

How can I add a plugin to this site?

I am already a WordPress plugin developer. My WordPress plugins have over 2 million downloads. I made a CAPTCHA plugin for bbPress, I would like to add it. Thanks for any help.

I am logged on, went to this page:

http://bbpress.org/plugins/forum/requests

I clicked on the big button “Add your plugin”

There is no form, just this message:

Add Your Plugin

You can add the plugin you’ve written to the plugin directory by filling out the form below.

This form is only for plugin developers. If you’d like to see a plugin listed here, please contact that plugin’s author.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Mike Challis
    Participant

@mikechallis

Anybody here?

Mike Challis
    Participant

@mikechallis

Anybody here?

Hey Mike,

Welcome! I’m not a dev here, but currently there is an effort to rewrite bbpress as a wordpress plugin. This process is making many plugins for bbpress obsolete. There is some discussion about making it possible to use bbpress plugins with the new bbpress-plugin in WP, but that feature is not guaranteed.

Despite the effort towards bbpress-plugin, there likely will remain a community around bbpress standalone which will continue to use the current plugins. You are welcome to continue writing plugins for the standalone version. I am not sure, however, how you should go about submitting that since I am not a dev. Perhaps jumping on the bbpress IRC channel you can find someone.

As a sidenote, from what I understand, most people use a combination of Akismet and a human test to prevent spam. For those who desire a CAPTCHA, there is already a reCAPTCHA plugin available.

Best of luck!

—Alex

Hey Mike,

Welcome! I’m not a dev here, but currently there is an effort to rewrite bbpress as a wordpress plugin. This process is making many plugins for bbpress obsolete. There is some discussion about making it possible to use bbpress plugins with the new bbpress-plugin in WP, but that feature is not guaranteed.

Despite the effort towards bbpress-plugin, there likely will remain a community around bbpress standalone which will continue to use the current plugins. You are welcome to continue writing plugins for the standalone version. I am not sure, however, how you should go about submitting that since I am not a dev. Perhaps jumping on the bbpress IRC channel you can find someone.

As a sidenote, from what I understand, most people use a combination of Akismet and a human test to prevent spam. For those who desire a CAPTCHA, there is already a reCAPTCHA plugin available.

Best of luck!

—Alex

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Hi Mike, you are welcome to submit your plugin.

There may just be a css problem with the form in your browser?

I see the form just fine and it “works for me” ?

https://bbpress.org/plugins/forum/requests

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Hi Mike, you are welcome to submit your plugin.

There may just be a css problem with the form in your browser?

I see the form just fine and it “works for me” ?

https://bbpress.org/plugins/forum/requests

Ricardo
    Participant

@ricardouk

its not the first time this issue arises and i went i checked that link, i logged in and i cant see any form in IE, FF or Chrome. Hope it helps fixing it.

Ricardo
    Participant

@ricardouk

its not the first time this issue arises and i went i checked that link, i logged in and i cant see any form in IE, FF or Chrome. Hope it helps fixing it.

Mike Challis
    Participant

@mikechallis

Sorry but that is not the problem. I tried with FF and IE8.

Maybe only Moderator’s can see it.

Mike Challis
    Participant

@mikechallis

Sorry but that is not the problem. I tried with FF and IE8.

Maybe only Moderator’s can see it.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I am wondering if they disabled plugin submission for non-mods due to spam, since it’s not filtered by akismet and there have been a ton of bot registrations here lately. Hoping that is just the case and not that they are discouraging submissions.

The problem is I do not even know who is in control anymore, not sure it’s JJJ who did that.

Hopefully admin will notice this topic sooner or later and fix it.

I will be happy to host your plugin for download on bbShowcase.org in the meanwhile though, just zip it up and send it to the email on my donate page. Then you can make an announcement here in the “plugins” sub-forum and link to the download.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I am wondering if they disabled plugin submission for non-mods due to spam, since it’s not filtered by akismet and there have been a ton of bot registrations here lately. Hoping that is just the case and not that they are discouraging submissions.

The problem is I do not even know who is in control anymore, not sure it’s JJJ who did that.

Hopefully admin will notice this topic sooner or later and fix it.

I will be happy to host your plugin for download on bbShowcase.org in the meanwhile though, just zip it up and send it to the email on my donate page. Then you can make an announcement here in the “plugins” sub-forum and link to the download.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar