Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How can I access bbPress Sidebar settings in the new WP?

• khellstr
    Participant

@khellstr

Hi,

I’m trying to access the bbPress widget settings but WP opens the “new” widget editor when I go to Apperance –> Widgets. I have WordPress 5.8.3 Installed, and newest bbPress.

How can I access these settings show in this image:
    Properties

In the background there is what I get and in the foreground what I want. It is from a tutorial I’m following.

I want to add the widget to the page with a Shortcode, and links aren’t working if I don’t have access to settings.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

when you go into widgets, you will get a display of what the widget will show.

Click once anywhere in that image, and it will take you to the settings.

Another far from intuitive thing that WordPress now does as it attempts to make itself unusable to anyone but a professional 🙂

khellstr
    Participant

@khellstr

If I understood correctly, those settings affect only to widgets that are placed somewhere, on the sidebar, footer etc.

If I use a Shortcode to place the widget in the Page it will not read those settings, instead it shows the default settings (no links).

…maybe I’m doing this someway wrong, or not like it should be done, I’m quite new to WP and totally new to this “new” WordPress.

Robin W

@robin-w

can you just let me know what shortcode you are using, then I can try it out on my test site.

khellstr
    Participant

@khellstr

This one
    [bbp-login]

Thanks for your help

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, that is not the bbpress widget but a shortcode – bbpress has both for login.

what would you like the shortcode to do that is not standard?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar