Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How are theme contents applied?

• Hi,

I’ll be upfront: I use and develop sites on the Thesis theme; I’m not asking for support on that theme, I’ve actually developed a plugin to apply the bbPress templates in the Thesis theme properly, so I have it working fine (details of that are in the Thesis forum, so anyone looking for that can look there).

Now I’m wondering why the templates don’t get applied automatically… can you tell me which functions and which files handle the application of forum templates within a theme? I’ve tried to skim through the bbPress files and look for the handlers, but it’s quite laborious. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks!

If it’s any help, I think the main difference between Thesis and other themes in terms of replacing content is that Thesis handles all the different page contents in a PHP class, so there’s only one index.php, and no other template files related to page types except for page templates. To alter the whole page contents in Thesis you append a new class to the original loop class, or uses hooks to insert content in certain places. I can’t tell what method bbPress uses to override the content on forum pages, it’s a little confusing to me because not all bbPress theme files have headers or footers, so they’re not whole like whole template files.

Any guidance as to where I should examine these files for the template handlers so that I can try to troubleshoot the source of the incompatibility would be much appreciated.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar