Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Hiding a forum from the forums list

• kfye
    Participant

@kfye

I mistakenly posted this question on the Buddypress board, and though they were helpful, no answer has been found.I might as well try here.

I want to hide one particular forum from the automatically-generated list of forums (I link to it directly in the main menu). I can’t seem to find a way. I tried making it “hidden,” but that didn’t do the trick; even after logging in as something other than the Administrator it still showed up.

Any ideas?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• JoeCec
    Participant

@joecec

Did you clear your browser cache?

kfye
    Participant

@kfye

Another good idea, but no, it still shows up. I guess what I’m hearing is that making a forum “hidden” SHOULD work.

JoeCec
    Participant

@joecec

You could, hypothetically, create a dedicated page to the hidden forum and create a custom link tag to that specific forum page. It would create a lot of backend secondary DB work though….

kfye
    Participant

@kfye

Thanks, Joe, I appreciate the suggestion. I’m afraid that kind of database manipulation is beyond me though. I was hoping someone would say “Yeah, there’s a great third-party widget that allows you to use check boxes to choose which forums appear in the menu.” But then, I was hoping I’d wake up last Wednesday morning and still feel like living…so I guess this just ain’t my year.

Thanks for the help 🙂

JoeCec
    Participant

@joecec

There’s always a reason worth living, lol… Everday is new and a new chance at making it great. If there’s a third-party app, I am not knowledgeable of it. Sounds like something for me to research though. I’m new to coding, but i’ve been deep in computers for sometime now. Wanting to get involved as much as possible.

Venutius
    Participant

@venutius

I am also trying to hide forums from the list, in my case it’s all of my BuddyPress Group Forums, I think that these forums should be held within the groups and not displayed in the general list of forums. I’ve not seen a solution for this other than trying to code which unfortunately I’m not up to.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar