Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

HIde Sub-forums

• I am hoping someone can help me with a couple of questions. I have buddypress and an installation of bbpress hooked up:

1.) how do you hide subforums on main page?

2.) how can i select under which forum or subforum “groups” and their discussions will be displayed?

Thanks!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Hi ONEWAY. You might have better luck asking this question over at buddypress.org.

As a brief hint, if you want to pick which forum your ‘groups’ forums are under, you need to set that with a code change in a file called ‘bp-custom.php’. This is considered advanced usage so you’ll want to snoop around the BuddyPress code for the constant that defines the forum_id where they go.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Hi ONEWAY. You might have better luck asking this question over at buddypress.org.

As a brief hint, if you want to pick which forum your ‘groups’ forums are under, you need to set that with a code change in a file called ‘bp-custom.php’. This is considered advanced usage so you’ll want to snoop around the BuddyPress code for the constant that defines the forum_id where they go.

gunnsean

@gunnsean

I think the easiest way is to use a plugin called Private Forum. Do scroll down the plugin page to find a quick fix that will get the plug in to work.

gunnsean

@gunnsean

I think the easiest way is to use a plugin called Private Forum. Do scroll down the plugin page to find a quick fix that will get the plug in to work.

stainless steel

@stainless-steel

Hello,

I read that works for bbpress. Is there some wordpress plugin I must install? Basically, with everything installed, how to I add an active, functional forum page to my wordpress website?

Regards,

stainless steel stair railings

stainless steel

@stainless-steel

Hello,

I read that works for bbpress. Is there some wordpress plugin I must install? Basically, with everything installed, how to I add an active, functional forum page to my wordpress website?

Regards,

stainless steel stair railings

ajz

@ajz

Any ideas of how to do this for a stand alone bbpress installation?

ajz

@ajz

Any ideas of how to do this for a stand alone bbpress installation?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar