Categories
Search
Bottom

Hide Breadcrumbs on Forum Home Page Only

• cr53
    Participant

@cr53

Hi,

I’d like to hide (or remove) the breadcrumbs only on my froum homepage.

E.g. hide breadcrumbs on ‘mysite/forum/’ but show them on ‘mysite/forum/a’ and ‘mysite/forum/b’ etc.

I have created a new page and added the [bbp-forum-index] to it so I could change the heading of my forums.

I have Robin’s bbPress style pack installed, however that hasn’t helped with my specific issue (unless I’m missing something…)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Put this in the custom css tab of style pack or your theme’s custom css area

.forum-archive div.bbp-breadcrumb {
    display : none ;
    }

cr53
    Participant

@cr53

Hi Robin, thanks for your reply.

I’ve tried using the CSS you provided in both the bbPress Style Pack Custom CSS tab and in my theme’s Custom CSS area and neither were successful at hiding the breadcrumbs on the forum home page.

When I inspect the breadcrumbs element I’m looking to hide/remove, I see that it’s labelled;

<span class="bbp-breadcrumb-current">Forums</span>

I would like to show the current breadcrumb on all further pages, however no breadcrumbs on the forum homepage.

cr53
    Participant

@cr53

I’ve also noticed that I cannot change the Root Breadcrumb URL by using the bbp Style Pack.

I am able to change the Root Breadcrumb text, however no change occurs when I enter my desired Breadcrumb Root URL.

Edit: disregard this post, I was able to change it by putting the URL in the Breadcrumb Home section.

Robin W

@robin-w

if your site is visible, please post link

cr53
    Participant

@cr53

Unfortunately, my site is an internal intranet site only so I cannot provide a link.

The best I can do is provide this compiled screenshot of 2 different pages on my site.

Forum Screenshot

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar