Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Hidden Replies in Forum Topic

• russ8523
    Participant

@russ8523

The Info bar at the top is showing: This topic contains 9 replies (+ 3 hidden), has 6 voices, and was last updated by XXXXXXX 1 day, 4 hours ago. How do I find these hidden replies – I click on the + 3 hidden and the page refreshes, but nothing? I want to see and maybe delete them.

Hope someone can help,
    Regards,
    Russell

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

dashboard>replies and filter for hidden

russ8523
    Participant

@russ8523

Hi Robin,
    Thanks for the reply, but I don’t see any option to ‘filter for hidden’, just a filter button….. that does nothing?

In any case, I think I might have fixed this with the ‘Repair’ options?

With thanks,
    Russell

Robin W

@robin-w

yes you are correct, and glad you are fixed

russ8523
    Participant

@russ8523

Hi Robin,
    This issue persists. I now have 23 hidden replies, which I again got rid of with the’Repair’ function. How do they get hidden in the first place – is it when you ‘Trash’ them? …is this normal or is something broken? Should I be able to filter for ‘Hidden’? That option doesn’t exist in my WP.

russ8523
    Participant

@russ8523

Yes, the hidden replies come from Trashed replies and it’s an irritation having to get rid of them. What is the point of showing ‘Hidden Replies’? How is this useful info for forum visitors?

Robin W

@robin-w

visitors, spectators and participants don’t see the ‘hidden’

They are only seen by moderators and keymasters, as this allows them to either restore or permanently delete a reply.

If you click the ‘+x hidden’ then the topic will display with the hidden ones showing.

This is useful for instance where a moderator might trash a reply so that it doesn’t show, pending a discussion with another moderator and then they can decide whether to restore or permanently delete the reply.

russ8523
    Participant

@russ8523

Robin,
    Thanks for that helpful explanation – didn’t realise normal members couldn’t see it!
    Many thanks,
    Stewart

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar