Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help With Template Integration

• ProSam

@prosam

Hi Guys,

I’ve been at this all morning and I cannot figure out why its broken. I’ve looked at the code so much I’m cockeyed.

I’m trying to integrate bbPress into a clients already established site which uses a server side includes so I figure I’ll just use php includes to call the same files but it just isn’t working out.

site: radioavivamiento.com

board: radioavivamiento.com/foro

I would appreciate any help.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• ProSam

@prosam

I should mention the page looks somewhat ok in IE7 but completely broken in FF2.0.

I know it has something to do with the tables, I know eww, but that’s the way site was built in the first place.

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

hey prosam

your doctype is wrong!

try this

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN”

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/ xhtml1-transitional.dtd”>

the table is left aligned coz its not in the cente div add that and you should be good to go.

IE doesn’t care what you write in there but firefox is deligent!

ProSam

@prosam

Dude you’re awesome! I would’ve never figure that out. I will make a mental note of it.

Now the only thing out of whack is the gaps in the menu, there shouldn’t be any.

Any ideas?

ProSam

@prosam

Well I’ve tweaked as far as I could. All I need is to fix the menu and it’s good to go. If anyone can chime in on this I would really appreciate it.

fel64

@fel64

Just hang this code onto the bottom of your style.css file and it’ll be dandy.

p.menulink {
    margin-bottom: 0;
    }

If you do not want the gap to be that small, change 0 to #px (there must be no gap between the number and the px!).

Incidentally, I don’t know what your control of the situation is but that site is not particularly pleasant HTML. You have tables in tables in tables, for god’s sake! What you’re doing in the sidebar could be so much easier done using a <ul> element. Are you using Frontpage or something?

Please, it’ll be much less work for you if you use clean HTML; at least in future! Tables are so very rarely a good solution.

ProSam

@prosam

Yeah I know the HTML is quite horrid. I was not the original webmaster and I don’t get enough to clean that mess :).

I have suggested several times that the site be overhauled but the owner does not want to spring for it.

Oh Well.

Thanks for the style update it fixed it right up.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar