Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help with installation?

• irisma

@irisma

Hi there.

I am trying to install bbPress on my WordPress website, but I’m not quite sure what I am doing. I downloaded the .zip, uploaded it onto my server, but I’m not sure where to place it to get the desired effect or how to even start the install prompt.

I want to make the forum appear at this address, a page created with WordPress:

http://www.swtortcg.com/forums/

Thanks so much to anyone can help!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Addie25

@addie25

Does anyone knows how to install this? Have the exact same question as irisma. Please? Uploaded files via FTP and now what?

Thanks!

Addie25

@addie25

Does anyone knows how to install this? Have the exact same question as irisma. Please? Uploaded files via FTP and now what?

Thanks!

Firstly,

1. You Put folder “bbpress” on root (as there is “wp-admin”).

2 In case of localhost, As there is wordpress is in folder name “wordpress”

3. we run such link in browser http://localhost/wordpress/bbpress/

4. bbpress required installation

5. this asked 3 step to complete installation

6. Follow given instruction…

Firstly,

1. You Put folder “bbpress” on root (as there is “wp-admin”).

2 In case of localhost, As there is wordpress is in folder name “wordpress”

3. we run such link in browser http://localhost/wordpress/bbpress/

4. bbpress required installation

5. this asked 3 step to complete installation

6. Follow given instruction…

Sorry I’newy

Sorry I’newy

I am having a very hard time understanding the instructions. I have uploaded the unzipped bbpress files to the following folder:

campbellduke.com/sandbox/bbpress (sandbox.campbellduke.com – as it’s an addon domain).

When I go to sandbox.campbellduke.com/bbpress, it redirects correctly to the bb-admin/install, but the page gives the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/camp2909/public_html/sandbox/bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/pomo/translations.php on line 139

If, on the other hand, I go to: sandbox.campbellduke.com/bb-admin I end up back in my wordpress dashboard.

Help!

Beth

I am having a very hard time understanding the instructions. I have uploaded the unzipped bbpress files to the following folder:

campbellduke.com/sandbox/bbpress (sandbox.campbellduke.com – as it’s an addon domain).

When I go to sandbox.campbellduke.com/bbpress, it redirects correctly to the bb-admin/install, but the page gives the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/camp2909/public_html/sandbox/bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/pomo/translations.php on line 139

If, on the other hand, I go to: sandbox.campbellduke.com/bb-admin I end up back in my wordpress dashboard.

Help!

Beth

Here is line 139 of said file:

return (

I haven’t done a lot of coding since a Pascal class in the late ’80s, but this line looks like it’s missing something – like whatever is supposed to be returned.

Here is line 139 of said file:

return (

I haven’t done a lot of coding since a Pascal class in the late ’80s, but this line looks like it’s missing something – like whatever is supposed to be returned.

Yowzers – half the file was missing. I’m in to the installer!

b.

Yowzers – half the file was missing. I’m in to the installer!

b.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar