Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help with getting the most out of bbpress

• BarryB64
    Participant

@barryb64

First, Inspiration Point (http://www.inspiration-point.org) is using a child version of TwentyEleven. I’m using the latest WordPress software.

I did some reading and I’m liking what I am hearing about the bbpress forum plugin. On my site, there is area that I’m calling Shore Classified. Here’s what I’d like to do:

Shore Classified is born out of a frustration I had with my church. It’s not because they didn’t want to put a request on the church’s mailing list. It had to do with limited resource and wary of unwanted advertisements. I’m not the only one

Why not create a place where people can posts “blog updates”, “Christian business”, “Church Events”, “Help Wanted” and etc. My initial thought is to limit this to a region. It can easily be expanded.

I, obviously want to be careful and it’s why I didn’t jump on it. 🙂 Are there additional plugins? How can I best set the forum to safeguard against unwanted trolls? Can bbpress be configured to require registration before posting?

There are probably other questions that I should be asking. I’d appreciate some inputs. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbPress can do all the above.

See

Codex

for a step by step guide.

Can bbpress be configured to require registration before posting?

Yes, and you may want to set a manual registration if you want to vet who joins. The documentation explains.

Are there additional plugins?

Yes, lots of them that’ll let you add stuff to the forum and customise it for you

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar