Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help request: Change page/topic date to coincide with last post

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, do not understand 🙂

If you are creating the topic manually, then it will have the date you created.

can you explain with a specific example please

devsam
    Participant

@devsam

Hi Robin, thanks for taking the time to read and reply. No problem, will try and explain it better.
    I am upgrading a site that was one of the earliest versions of joomla to a fresh wordpress. The oldest site used the forum plug-in kunena but I am afraid there is no way to export all the entries made to that forum through the years due to its age and lack of current support.

What I am trying to do is copying and pasting every single forum topic from the joomla site to the newer WP and the idea is for them to showcase the original date they were published.

90% of this topics consist on just the first comment made by customers with normally no more replies. What I find now replicating these topics on bbPress is I can set a publishing date internally but, as it shows in the screenshot below, the ‘last post’ date matches the moment in time I created that topic on the new site instead of the original creation date I want them to have.

Here’s the screenshot again.

Hope it makes sense. If not, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok you should be able to change the date in the backend

dashboard>topics or dashboard>replies

devsam
    Participant

@devsam

The only thing I can modify in the backend is the publishing date of the topic (the one I want last post to show) but it appears last post matches with the date I added the topic instead of the one I indicate as the creation one. Not sure if this can be achieved…
    Here’s a screenshot of my topic edit backend

Robin W

@robin-w

I can create a topic and alter it’s date in the backend and this new date shows in the frontend.

so I’m sorry, but I am still struggling to understand your issue – can you specify it as a series of steps.

For instance

I create a topic in the backend/front end
    I do this
    I then do that
    On this page I see this
    on that page I see that

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, I think I have just understood.

can you run

dashboard>tools>forums>repair forums and run 1 at a time

This should reset the date.

Once you have proved this, you only need do it either at the end or after a batch, you don not need to run it for every post you make !

devsam
    Participant

@devsam

Thanks, now it seems to be working. I’ve run “Recalculate last activity in each topic and forum”

Robin W

@robin-w

great – sorry it took me a while to understand 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar