Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

help please anyone…

• I have just installed bbpress everything seems to be going well. I have my

admin password and everything. But my forum seems to not be at the url I intend it to be, but at the index. My site’s address is konpaforum.com. I have to click on bbpress on the index page to get to my forums homepage. I also notice that when I type in konpaforum.com/bbpress in my browser everything is alright. This is the error message I receive from my hosting company:

[Thu Dec 27 20:34:49 2007] [error] [client 75.74.120.59] File does not exist: /home/alezla/public_html/konpaforum/404.shtml

Also how do i access my admin panel for my site. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Set

$bb->uri = 'http://konpaforum.com/bbpress/';

in your config.php

(edit: missing tailing semi-colon)

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

My guess is that you are trying to use permalinks and they’re not supported by your current configuration. I would try this first. In your config.php, find the mod_rewrite line, and make it look like this:

$bb->mod_rewrite = false;

That should make your forum accessible and should take care of the 404 error as well, at least for the forum software. The actual error you have there is because when a page cannot be found (like your forum pages) Apache is configured to serve up 404.shtml, but that file is not present. You could create one so that is shown when a 404 file not found error occurs.

You access your admin panel by logging in as the keymaster (user you created when you created the forum) and then click the “Admin” link next to your logged in name. If it’s not there, you are not logged in as the keymaster. I would post the direct URL to bb-admin but it just redirects if you are not already logged in as keymaster. Try that first.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Damn: 16 seconds too slow, and wrong to boot?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Oh yeah, this doesn’t look right (the path is wrong):

http://konpaforum.com/bbpress/

:D

goldfiinger

@goldfiinger

You have installed everything to a sub folder called bbpress. If you want your index page to be the forum i think u may need to reinstall moving everything to the public_html folder rather than it being there within a folder called bbpress.

Other than that you could create a index page that just forwards the user to http://konpaforum.com/bbpress/

Didn’t read the question completely. I provided a fix for an error, which was caused by another error.

Just follow what goldfinger said, then the problem should be solved.

hey guys thanks, like goldfinger said everything is installed in a folder

titled bbpress. I’ve reinstalled in several places, but with no success. I

don’t know if its because im using a sub-domain not sure. Anyways I will

keep trying, I’m also going to try to install wordpress first. thanks again.

sub-domain? did you mean add-on domain?

You just need to move (re-install) all bbPress files up a level. If you installed them into public_html/konpaforum.com/bbpress/, then mv public_html/konpaforum.com/bbpress/* public_html/konpaforum.com/

If you want to integrate into WordPress, then leave them and install WordPress in public_html/konpaforum.com/, would be a good idea.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar