Categories
Search
Bottom

Help in code modification

• nikhilnaik
    Participant

@nikhilnaik

Hello all,

I wanted to seek help in modifying the following piece of code. I have a site with buddypress groups inside which I have bbpress forums for the respective groups. I want the users of the group to be automatically subscribed to the forums within that group. I tried the following code:

add_filter( 'bbp_get_user_subscribe_link', 'invert_get_user_subscribe_link', 10, 4 ); //invert forum subscription
    add_filter( 'bbp_is_user_subscribed_to_forum', 'invert_is_user_subscribed_to_forum', 10, 4 ); //invert forum subscription
    add_filter( 'bbp_get_forum_subscribers', 'invert_get_forum_subscribers' ); //invert forum subscription
    add_filter( 'bbp_is_user_subscribed', 'invert_is_user_subscribed', 10, 4 ); //invert forum subscription

function invert_is_user_subscribed($retval, $user_id, $object_id, $subscribed_ids) {
    	if (get_post_type( $object_id ) == bbp_get_forum_post_type())
    		return !$retval;
    	else	
    		return $retval;
    }

function strContains($needle, $haystack) {
    	if (strpos($haystack, $needle) !== false) {
    		return true;
    	} else {
    		return false;
    	}
    }

function invert_get_user_subscribe_link ($html, $r, $user_id, $topic_id) {
    	if (strContains( "bbp_unsubscribe", $html )) {
    		$html = str_replace("bbp_unsubscribe", "bbp_subscribe", $html);
    	} else {
    		$html = str_replace("bbp_subscribe", "bbp_unsubscribe", $html);
    	}
    	return $html;
    }

function invert_get_forum_subscribers( $users ) {
    	$args = array('fields' => 'id');
    	$all_users = get_users($args);
    	$send_to_users    = array_diff($all_users, $users);
    	return $send_to_users;
    }

function invert_is_user_subscribed_to_forum( $retval, $user_id, $forum_id, $subscribed_ids ) {
    	return !$retval;
    }

But there is a problem. Using the following code leads to the user getting subscribed to all the forums of all the groups (even those which they aren’t a part of). I just want them to be automatically subscribed to those forum topics created inside the group which they are a part of. Kindly help me in getting this right.

Thanks!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar