Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help Css & Layout

• mnhfile
    Participant

@mnhfile

1.I want to alter the colors of headings borders and most important background

2.further i want to to display forums in different tabs/headings in the same page

1.My Proceedings
    I past this into my child css and also experiment with bbpress.css
    but the result is that my whole forum page turns into bluish color when pasting into child css and nothing happens while pasting in bbpress or changing values in bbpress

2.Proceedings

Try to categorize forums but these are under the same heading

Examples

I want to convert my site forums like this one http://forums.2k.com/forumdisplay.php?114-Irrational-Discussion-and-Official-Announcements

itโ€™s my pleasure if you help me because this is my first post to any forum.

If you require any pictures then I can provide you.THANKS

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

1. follow this link look at number 1 to see if you have the right css , copy that into whatever place you can put custom css

jetpack custom css module
    custom css plugin
    bbpress.css

bbPress Styling Crib

2. Follow this link and follow these instructions

To use this template:

1. Download the file below to your PC, and unzip it.
    2. Using FTP go into your theme, and create a bbpress folder
    wp-content/your-theme-name/bbpress

where your-theme-name is the name of your theme
    3. Copy the file you downloaded to this folder, so that you end up with
    wp-content/your-theme-name/bbpress/loop-forums.php

Alternate bbpress index page

here are some more links in the codex that might be useful

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – part 2

if you still dont see any changes in css after you have followed all the information correctly.

the last thing i could think could cause the problem is either clearing cache
    and also bbpress- new ui plugin , if you have this installed it might cause some issues in styling

mnhfile
    Participant

@mnhfile

Still out of luck
    I past/replace this code in bbpress.css in css folder child theme but whole forum page turns into one background colur
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-header {
    background: #8398C1;
    }

I also post this into my child theme style.css and results in very awkward graphics

I don’t know how to make categories with loop-forums.php … how to put forums under different catergories4

[url=http://postimg.org/image/yk55k902l/][img]http://s30.postimg.org/yk55k902l/bbpress_css_issue.jpg[/img][/url]

mnhfile
    Participant

@mnhfile

I also try this code nothing right happen.. I am using DIVI theme of elegant themes
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-header,
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-footer {
    background: #9099B5;
    border-top: 1px solid #eee;
    font-weight: bold;
    padding: 8px;
    text-align: center;

mnhfile
    Participant

@mnhfile

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

I gave up on mine. to much work with no results. ๐Ÿ™

Robkk

@robkk

@atfpodcast deactivate the new ui plugin, if you still have a problem reply back.

@mnhfile

just post the css code in just one thing, dont put it into two places.And if you also have bbpress new ui deactivate that.

to make categorized forums, first go to the forums section in the backend click the menu link with the beehive.

whatever forum you want to make a category change the type in the sidebar in the right. change from forum to category.

to add forums to this category, click any forum you want to be a child of the category and make the parent the certain category.

change the order number to customize the positioning, top category starts at zero then the children forums go off that.

you should end up with something like this.

first category 0
    -first forum 1
    -second forum 2
    -third forum 3
    second category 4
    -fourth forum 5
    -fifth forum 6
    third category 7
    -sixth forum 8

atfpodcast
    Participant

@atfpodcast

Nope nothing. i even upgrade the new ui that just came up but I deactived and deleted it.

Robkk

@robkk

@atfpodcast

try to keep your css issues on the link to the topic, its hard to keep track of all the topics if im trying to refer to two people questions

Question on the css for bbpress

@mnhfile

try not to make duplicate topics, you have 3 topics about the same thing.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.