Skip to:

**HELP** — Class 'WP_Post' not found

• pandagasm

Hi Guys,

I am running on a clean install of WordPress 3.4.2, and am trying to use the BBPress forum plugin (version 2.5.2). However when trying to load the forum page from my site I get the following error.

Fatal error: Class ‘WP_Post’ not found in /home/content/44/10795544/html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/core/theme-compat.php on line 375

I have spent ages googling, searching this forum, but I cant find any answer that help me.

Please can someone tell me how I can fix this error? It is preventing me from using BBpress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I am running on a clean install of WordPress 3.4.2

Is that a typo? You should be using WordPress 3.8

Also what theme are you using? Try the Twenty Thirteen theme.

No I’m using WP 3.4.2 as that is what is included in my theme installer from Shape5. (Sports nation, Shapes5’s WP club them).

I have previously upgraded to 3.8 but it caused things in my theme to stop working so I’m staying with 3.4.2.

So bbPress doesnt work with Wp 3.4.2 ?

bbPress requires at least WordPress 3.6. I would ask the authors of that theme if they can update it for WordPress 3.8, at a bare minimum besides the improvements in the latest WordPress there are bound to be some security issues in running such an old version of WordPress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar