Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Having trouble editing a theme

• I’m trying to convert the theme “bbpress-forum” to look like my wordpress theme here: http://blueleafcanada.ca/

I’m having problems getting it to look right. You can see it here: http://blueleafcanada.ca/forums/

It looks slightly different in FF than in IE. For FF, it has this strange problem where the top left logo is being “crushed down” a couple pixels. Also the 3 menu buttons are being crushed down too. I understand HTML and even have a pretty good understanding of CSS and the box model, but I have no idea what’s causing these problems and I can’t figure out how to fix them.

Also, the thin side bars have a gap in them under the header, which I’d like them not to have, and I just cannot figure out how to fix it.

If anyone has any ideas or expertise on this, I’m all ears.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Hmm, I don’t see how to edit my post. Oh well, update: I fixed a lot of the problems by just changing the doctype to 1.1 instead of 1.0.

Everything looks perfect in FF now. But now my problem is that in IE the menu/header looks a bit off on the forum (vs the blog). At this point it’s more of a strictly CSS question though. I’m thinking maybe I can do a browser check and just load up a different header (or different styles for the divs) tweaked for IE.

The rest of the problems I was able to fix by putting

<!–[if IE]>

<style type=”text/css”>

#thestyleswithproblemsinIE { yadda yadda…

and for IE6 I used this “_width: ” hack to solve another problem.

So yeah, all in all these are not BBpress issues, just css issues, but I originally posted because I’ll take help wherever I can get it. And my replies to the post are to help anyone in the future who may be searching. (Since I hate finding a post on the web of someone who had the same problem as me, and then seeing they replied saying “nevermind i figured it out” and not posting the solution they found!!)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar