Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Having "Trash" option and not "Spam" for moderators

• kendorama
    Participant

@kendorama

I noticed for Keymasters you are able to “Trash” posts and of course “Spam”. For Moderators there is no “Trash” post.

I had though I could just edit this in the capabilities.php but looking at the code it seems they have the exact same permissions when it comes to Topics. Does the moderator need the “delete” for Forums to be able to Trash topics?

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• kendorama
    Participant

@kendorama

anyone?

Robin W

@robin-w

Without spending hours in code, as a moderator I can trash or spam, but having ‘spam’med an entry, I cannot then trash.

Is this not what you are getting?

kendorama
    Participant

@kendorama

Hi Robin,

Basically as a “Keymaster” I am able to Trash/Spam. As a moderator I am only able to Spam. I was wondering how I could get the mod to Trash as well. I really don’t care about the Spam part.

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm.. as a mod on my test site(as well as on this site) I can trash and spam.

Have you altered any capabilities, or using any plugins that might affect this?

you could try

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

that might pinpoint the problem.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar