Skip to:

Hack to remove /forums/forum/

• Is there a way to remove the second “forum” from urls? I have setup my forum just like this one,’forum’- seems unnecessary.

Also is there a way to remove /topic/ from posts? It would be nice if everything was off the root like WP.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• _ck_

If you did what you want to do,

bbPress would have no way to tell if

was a sub-forum or a topic.

In WP you need some way to determine if something is an archive view vs a post. ie. vs. (which would be a post) It’s the same logic with bbpress.

However it might be possible someday to easily change /forum/ and /topic/ to something else. Removing them is impossible.

If you move bbpress to your webroot, you will get rid of /forums/ but it cannot co-exist with bbpress in that way as you cannot have two index files (without super-integration which is ill advised).

BackPress might solve this however someday.

Thanks for the post…

TheSage, there’s a solution for your problem now at this thread:

and someone’s turned it into a plugin here:

I tried this and it has not gone. I downloaded .rar file at

(thankfully winzip can open .rar files), and copied the two files “.htaccess” and “remft.php”, and then run the plugin from admin but it made no difference. The first time I ran it I may have forgotton the .htaccess file. Any suggestions what now please?

My forum is at

Also, I am totally new to this but searching for “remove hot tags” got me nothing. Not sure why they have added that by default but obviously I have to remove it. Can anyone tell me how to do that please?

Ahh gee, you can’t delete a post. I think I have totally messed up. This pluging does not remove the forum it does something else.

Man I have been done! The default install is hopless and there is no info on how to change anything. This is a pro product only but it did not give that impression at all. I though I would have a simple little forum like the one here and it would all be easy. Instead I lost two hours of my Saturday.

“So let’s get started. Download, install, and you’re on your way!”. Yea right

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar