Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Gutenberg Compatibility

• RakieM
    Participant

@rakiem

Is there any chance that BBPress will be updated to support Gutenberg blocks. The classic editor is really outdated and the designing of pages with blocks is the more logical step moving forward.

Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I am currently working on adding the block widgets to my bbp-style-pack plugin

bbp style pack

and then getting FSE themes to work aa well.

RakieM
    Participant

@rakiem

Robin thanks for the reply.

I tried the Style Pack a few years back. Unfortunately I ended up removing the plugin as it does not work well for creating a responsive design.

I ended up creating my own CSS that works very well for mobile devices. So it would be best if this could be written into the core of the plugin??

thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

it would, but I am just a man in his kitchen, I’m not a bbpress author.

Style pack is much more than just styling (it may have been mostly that when you tried it), and you don’t need to use the styling bits to take advantage of the functionality.

Anyway it’s free and what I write, so that’s where the blocks will be.

If you just want to use blocks in the custom post types, then just add this filter

add_filter ('bbp_register_forum_post_type', 'rew_gutenberg_editor') ;
    add_filter ('bbp_register_topic_post_type', 'rew_gutenberg_editor') ;
    add_filter ('bbp_register_reply_post_type', 'rew_gutenberg_editor') ;

function rew_gutenberg_editor ($settings) {
    	$settings['show_in_rest'] = true ;
    	return $settings ;
    }

If you want to impose blocks on your users in topics and replies, then use the ‘blocks everywhere’ plugin.

If you want block widgets, that is what will be in style pack when I have finished writing it.

If you want bbpress in FSE themes, that will also be in style pack in due course

RakieM
    Participant

@rakiem

Robin, I totally understand you being just a man in the kitchen. Thats the way it should be, haha.

Yes, It’s mostly like the css I looked at when testing the plugin.

Thank’s for the filter. will give it whirl and report back.

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, that reads as being rude, it is not intended to be – written to try and be helpful whilst buried in code 🙂

Please do report back, I’ll try and make a note here when I release it, but probably a week or so’s time .

RakieM
    Participant

@rakiem

Robin sorry if I came came across being rude? Definitely not my intention.

Thanks for the filter, works perfectly. Really appreciate it.

Robin W

@robin-w

now we are definitely crossed wires, the ability of the language to say exactly what you don’t mean 🙂

I was apologizing for MY post sounding rude, I was typing as you posted yours, so ‘that reads as being rude’ means my post saying I was just a guy in his kitchen etc. – when I re-read it , it didn’t read as intended, and should have appeared immediately below my first one !!

Have a great day 🙂 🙂

RakieM
    Participant

@rakiem

Oh I get it now. Thank you again.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar