Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Guangzhou theme breaks bbpress

• i have integrated wp/bb following the instructions. the Guangzhou theme works well enouvh in wp. it SAYS it’s ‘compat with bb 1.0+’ but when i copy the theme over to bb, it makes the site 500. deleting the dir doesn’t force the site to “oops” back to the default theme. i have to change the theme entry in the db back to the default to get the site to behave again.

is this the way wp/bb ‘compatible’ themes actually work? i wouldn’t really expect it to work like that.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Ashfame
    Participant

@ashfame

the same wp theme won’t work with bbPress. you need to find a bbPress counterpart of it

Ashfame
    Participant

@ashfame

the same wp theme won’t work with bbPress. you need to find a bbPress counterpart of it

so why then would the dev say ‘compat with bbpress’? when he should obviously know better?

so why then would the dev say ‘compat with bbpress’? when he should obviously know better?

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

looking through the comments I see mention of bbpress-guangzhou 0.2.2 zip

So is that part of the main download? or do you need to download it separately?

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

looking through the comments I see mention of bbpress-guangzhou 0.2.2 zip

So is that part of the main download? or do you need to download it separately?

i saw that too, but it’s not in the zip (even the old ones) and there’s no link.

i saw that too, but it’s not in the zip (even the old ones) and there’s no link.

Ashfame
    Participant

@ashfame

May be they require deep integrated setups like pageline forums. but you will still need to find the bbPress counterpart

Ashfame
    Participant

@ashfame

May be they require deep integrated setups like pageline forums. but you will still need to find the bbPress counterpart

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar