Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Groups topics by month

• dalton125
    Participant

@dalton125

I think this post belongs in the “Development” forum, but that forum has a message saying that it’s closed to new posts. Let me know if there’s a better place for my question.

I’m trying to create a navigation sidebar for users to navigate my bbPress forum. I’ve seen WordPress themes with a navigation sidebar for blog posts which has a list of months and years, as in:

August 2021
    September 2021
    October 2021

And clicking any of those list items will show the user any blog posts created in the given month. This is what I’d like to emulate with bbPress — a sidebar with links to different months, and clicking the link will show the user all forum topics created in that month.

Does anyone have advice on how to do this? I’ve looked through the bbPress settings and even installed the bbp style pack plugin, but I can’t find a setting that will do what I’m trying to do. Is there a plugin or setting that I’ve missed? I don’t mind writing code to solve this problem, but I’m a PHP beginner so I’m not sure where to begin.

I’m using WordPress 5.7.2 and bbPress 2.6.6. I don’t have a live version of my site to show.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar