Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Gravatar

• SickSquirrelTwo
    Participant

@sicksquirreltwo

I want to have users host their avatar at Gravatar. How do I link to my avatar there via my line of code? I did an md5 hash for my avatar to test. Which plugin do I use to link that line of code?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Shane Gowland
    Participant

@thewebatom

bbPress/WordPress automatically uses Gravatars. It’s built into the discussion settings.

SickSquirrelTwo
    Participant

@sicksquirreltwo

Thank you but where in your WordPress profile do you copy one or link to your own? I see the six choices in the admin and then this

For users without a custom avatar of their own, you can either display a generic logo or a generated one based on their e-mail address.

Now, having signed up to test, I created a hash of my email address to do the procedure and write it down, but there is no place to paste my hash.

Shane Gowland
    Participant

@thewebatom

The email account associated with your WordPress account determines which Gravatar is loaded.

SickSquirrelTwo
    Participant

@sicksquirreltwo

I know. But WHERE in WP is the setting to link to your gravatar?? There is nowhere to put your hash or list an email to bring up your image.

Shane Gowland
    Participant

@thewebatom

Your profile, under “contact info”

SickSquirrelTwo
    Participant

@sicksquirreltwo

NOH duh. It does it automatically

Thank you

SickSquirrelTwo
    Participant

@sicksquirreltwo

Nowhere in Contact Info do I see anything about Gravatar or avatar. Mine automatically did it. No work other than uploading to Gravatar and changing email addy

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar