Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

global $forums is missing in my custom template

• Hi,

I’ve been searching this forums yet but could’nt find any explanation to my problem so here it goes:

I’m a newbie at developping for bbpress, and trying to customize it for my needs.

First, I’m running bbPress 0.9.4; I’m also using a copy of the default theme that i’m modifying (located in my-templates/mysite).

I’ve attached a hook to the action ‘bb_index.php_pre_db’ which is ran on bbpress/index.php; My goal is to display only forums (without latest discussions and sticky topics) so i’ve copied the content of index.php and removed calls to latest discussions and sticky topics:

add_action('bb_index.php_pre_db', 'home');

function home(){

$forums = get_forums(); // Comment to hide forums

do_action( ‘bb_index.php’, ” );

bb_load_template( ‘front-page.php’);

exit();

}

The problem is that once in the file front-page.php, the $forums variable doesnt exists anymore. Actually i tried to print it out in the bb_load_template as well and the variable is empty too. It seems that because i’m using a hook (called by do_action), globals variable do not exists anymore in this context. I might be wrong but i’m actually stuck to this point and can’t really move forward. Any tips?

Cheers.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar