Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

global auto unsubscribe method needed

• favog
    Participant

@favog

We have a BBPress forum that is behind a membership site, and we give them the capability of subscribing to threads. Our problem is that if a person stops subscribing they no longer have access to the site, and therefore have no way of unsubscribing from a topic.

Is there a way that we can generate a script/link to force an automatic unsubscribe from all topics when removing the user? Even if we need to manually create the link, it would be an improvement.

I can generate code if necessary-just don’t know where to start.

Thanks,
    Bob

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• mrmillercoach
    Participant

@mrmillercoach

Bob,

Did you ever come up with a solution for this?

Marc Miller

Robin W

@robin-w

@mrmillercoach – do you need help for you to code it, or someone to code it for you ?

mrmillercoach
    Participant

@mrmillercoach

I was wondering whether anyone had come up with a solution. This is not an unusual problem.

I did find this plugin https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-toolkit/ which I will try.

I really do not want to generate custom code.

Robin W

@robin-w

the problem is that there are dozens and dozens of membership plugins, each with its own bespoke code that it uses when members leave. Some will have a hook that a coder can link to, but it is specific to that plugin, some have no hook, so it can only be a manual process, or one linked to a daily routine.

Without knowing which membership plugin and knowing if it has a hook, it is impossible to answer this question.

in all cases it will be ‘custom code’ whether written by you or someone else 🙂

favog
    Participant

@favog

Since I never had any help in starting to create the fix, I had to actually abandon use of bbPress totally. We went to an external messaging system.

Sorry I can’t help.

Bob

mrmillercoach
    Participant

@mrmillercoach

Thanks Bob for your prompt response!!

Robin W

@robin-w

which membership are you using?

mrmillercoach
    Participant

@mrmillercoach

Paid Membership Pro. I just pinged them on the PMPro support forum.

Robin W

@robin-w

ask them for a hook on membership ceasing, they’ll know what a hook is.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar