Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Giving each forum it's own template?

• Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

Just curious, because I think I made a mistake while expecting bbPress to work like WordPress.

I’ve made this setup.

View post on imgur.com

Titles: iPod, iPhone, iPad and iOS software are Category type forums. The lists (versions-/models) underneath each of those are Forums set as single Forum type grouped inside each cat.

Now I would like to design the single-forum view of all those single forums types (versions-/models) which should give me just a list of the last 25 topics in each forum.
    Everything works just fine the only thing is I expected bbPress templates to work like WordPress.

single-forum.php (original)
    single-forum-ipod.php
    single-forum-37.php
    single-forum-ipod-touch.php

This doesn’t work and now I have one little problem, If somebody clicks on iPod ( a category ) inside the Breadcrumbs navigation they end up on the same single.forum.php template while I customized it for the single forums type.

Short, I don’t like people to visit my ‘category forums page’ where they see just a list of forums inside that category. They already know whats inside that category because they just visited the forum-landing-page ( picture )

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

Tried this but it doesn’t work..

<?php
    if ( is_singular( bbp_get_forum_post_type() ) || bbp_is_query_name( 'mac' ) ) {
    	include(TEMPLATEPATH.'/page-one.php');
    }
    else {
    	include(TEMPLATEPATH.'/page-two.php');
    }
    ?>

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar