Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Give Moderator Access to Dashboard

• samtime
    Participant

@samtime

Hi, I would really like to give forum moderators access to the “Topics” and “Replies” section of the WordPress Dashboard. So they can easily see all replies and topics that need moderating in one place like I can as WP admin.
    Is there a way to give moderators access to the WordPress Dashboard without giving them the full “Contributor” or “Editor” WP role capabilities?

I have tried creating a custom role with the “User Role Editor” plugin, but can’t find a way to give them dashboard access, without also giving them the ability to edit non-forum posts on the website.

Or, does anyone know a way/plugin that shows moderators all the topics/replies that need moderating on the front end?

Thank you, Sam

WordPress 5.3.2
    bbPress 2.6.3
    bbPress – Moderation Tools plugin 1.2.4
    User Role Editor plugin 4.52.2

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

if they have subscriber and moderator they should get topics and replies in the dashboard

samtime
    Participant

@samtime

Hi Robin, the WordPress top toolbar doesn’t seem to appear for users with Moderator forum role and Subscriber WordPress role. And trying to go to a dashboard link (like …/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=reply), redirects that user to their account page.
    Giving them “Contributor” or “Editor” role makes the toolbar show up.

Hmmm…
    Let me know if you have any ideas (if you have time, super appreciated).

Here’s the website if it helps: https://funkytime.tv/forums/

Robin W

@robin-w

you will have a plugin or code in your theme that prevents the toolbar for non admins I suspect – have a look thorugh your plugins list or theme settings

samtime
    Participant

@samtime

Okay, turned out the WooCommerce plugin was hiding the WordPress toolbar/dashboard in this situation.

Fixed this by pasting the code below into my child theme’s functions.php file.
    Now the dashboard is available for bbPress moderators, but is still hidden for normal non-moderators, awesome!

add_action('init', function(){
    if(class_exists('WooCommerce') && function_exists('bbp_get_user_role') && is_user_logged_in()){

$current_user = wp_get_current_user();	
    $user_id = $current_user->ID;	
    $bbp_get_user_role = bbp_get_user_role($user_id);

if($bbp_get_user_role == 'bbp_keymaster' || $bbp_get_user_role == 'bbp_moderator'){	
    add_filter( 'woocommerce_prevent_admin_access', '__return_false' );
    add_filter( 'woocommerce_disable_admin_bar', '__return_false' );
    }
    }
    });

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed !

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar