Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Getting 404 error after navigation certain topics into the forum

• Mushi
    Participant

@mubashiriqbal

i am getting 404 error after browsing to certain pages. Can anyone help me fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

example please

Mushi
    Participant

@mubashiriqbal

i have 100 pages in the navigation on my forum but i can browse through only first 12 pages. When i reach page 13 or above it give me 404 page not found error.

Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Mushi
    Participant

@mubashiriqbal

@robin-w W Thanks for the reply.
    I have deactivated all the plugins except bbpress and also switch to twentytwelve default theme but still the same issue.

I also tried to changining “Topics per page” by setting different values but interestingly pagination links after page no 12 don’t work and give 404 error.

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm, suggest you contact your hoster and try getting memory increased.

KennyThemap
    Participant

@kennythemap

This problem suddenly arose recently. Eventually tracked it down to the PHP version I was using. I had php 7.1.3 was was designated as ‘Leading (edge)’. Went back to 5.6.30 which was designated as ‘Stable’ and all is well on 3 sites.

May be coincidence but it occurred only after the latest WordPress reelase.

Mushi
    Participant

@mubashiriqbal

I was able to resolve this issue after i changed permalink settings for the forum. Thanks for everyone

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar