Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Full-Width Forum

• I have installed bbPress plugin. The forum itself is wonderful. I am having a rough time displaying it properly on my site. Using the shortcode [bbp-forum-index], I have setup a page with a full-page attribute. The page is full-width but the forum is not.

http://purerover.com/test/

I am assuming the forum’s widgets are taking up the space right of the forum. I don’t need them and rather the forum took up 100% of the available space.

I see there are additional templates for bbPress. Does this hold true for the plugin version? If so, how can additional templates be selected since this is not an option in the bbPress settings.

I am not a programmer but can following directions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• travis.hill
    Participant

@travishill

Looks like some styling needs done.

I don’t know how you’ve implemented bbPress, but a start would be something like this:

remove the left float from div.bbp-breadcrumb in bbpress.css (line 39)

create a css rule for the table class .bbp-forums and give it a width:

.bbp-forums {
    width: 100%;
    }

That should get you going in the right direction.

travis,

Thanks! That did the trick. Forum is now 100% width.

-Mark

I removed the div.bbp-breadcrumb in bbpress.css

then added this

.bbp-forums {

width: 100%;

}

But with no luck..

Its not working…

I also want full width forum on my following link…

http://vsagar.com/students/forums/forum/electronics-students-forum-3/

Please help…

It can never be full width as long as you don’t remove that sidebar. You can use Widgetlogic in order to only make your widgets disappear on your forum.

klimam
    Participant

@klimam

Could you please advise me how to use the Widget Logic Conditional Tags in order to only make some widgets appear/disappear on my forum? Do you filter it via Categories (and than which category name have Forums and Topics in BBPRESS?) Thank you very much Klimas

khedmakhad
    Participant

@khedmakhad

I want to focus my forum please help me please I do not want it to be left
    Thank you

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar