Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Front-end editor for forums?

• Chad R. Schulz
    Participant

@chadschulz

There’s contradictory information inside these forums about whether it’s possible to have front-end editing for a forum in bbpress.

Within the code there’s obviously support (or once was). However, every attempt to access front-end editing using a /forum/sample-forum/edit url results in a 404.

Older posts here indicate this used to work. Yet, some more current posts state that front-end editing for forums is not yet(?) possible (only topics and replies).

What information is correct? Is front-end forum editing still possible in core as default or has it (for some reason) been deactivated? And if it is still an option what things could I check for why I’m getting a 404 instead of the form-forum.php template?

Thanks for any help,
    Chad

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Chad R. Schulz
    Participant

@chadschulz

OK, this is weird. I’m able to front-end edit forums –but only at the root level.

For example, if my structure is /forums/forum/first-level-forum/second-level-forum/third-level-forum/ I’m able to edit first-level-forums only (with /forums/forum/first-level-forum/edit/). Any attempt to add /edit/ to any second or third level forums results in a 404.

I’ve tried bringing my second and third level forums urls to root level like /forums/forum/second-level-forum/edit but that also gives a 404–unless, of course, I actually move the forums to the first level.

Is this a configuration issue that can be fixed? I’ve tried both pretty and unpretty permalinks and the problem persists using ?forum=second-level-forum&edit=1. But, once again, it works with ?forum=first-level-forum&edit=1.

Chad R. Schulz
    Participant

@chadschulz

Nevermind.

I found a workaround by adjusting my rewrite rules for forum post type and now all works well.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar