Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums & Sub Forums

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Believe it or not, this type of layout is not built into the default templates, mostly because I don’t really like them very much, and also because we plan on changing the way forums & categories work in a future version, and I did not want to commit to that type of design only to need to force users to rename their template files.

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

First, thank you for your speedy reply, really appreciate it. Second, although it’s not built in by default do you know how I would go about achieving this result by any chance?

Robin W

@robin-w

my style pack has a template that groups forums by categories to achieve this layout

bbp style pack

dashboard>plugins>bbp style pack>forum templates

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

I will have a look at that now thank you very much 🙂

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

It seems to be exactly what I’m looking for but when I changed it to the other layout, it didn’t change for some reason. Could I have overwritten the settings somehow? Because I have edited the files in the BBPress folder, so is there an action or a hook or a filter that needs to be in place in order for the changes to take effect? Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

my plugin should overwrite anything you have done within the bbpress plugins file.

but of you have amended templates and put these in your theme’s bbpress directory, then these will take preference, so have a look in your theme directory and see if you have any.

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

Yeah I got it to work thank you, the reason it wasn’t working was because I had a BBPress folder in my main theme folder which was overwriting your plugin’s functions but it’s fixed now thanks again! 😀

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar