Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums Page Layout

• internetgal
    Participant

@internetgal

Hi –

I’m using bbpress for a membership website I created. I’m having issues with the way the theme I’m using is laying out the list of forums.

It looks like this, but I would prefer it to layout the forum in one row instead of columns.

I’m learning CSS and PHP, but I know enough code to be dangerous right now. I’m looking for an easy fix.

Any ideas on how I can fix it appearance of the forum?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hi Brandi,
    Seems like you theme goes in conflict with bbPress. What theme do you use and can you confirm that switching theme solves the issue ?
    You will have to play with CSS if you want to stay with this theme:

.forum {
      width: 100% !important;
    }

Pascal.

internetgal
    Participant

@internetgal

Hi, Pascal –

Thanks for your help!

I’m using Genesis with the Divine Theme child theme by Restored 316 Designs.

The plugin is definitely conflicting with the theme. I’ve used bbpress on another website with a different Genesis child theme, but haven’t had this problem.

I don’t want to switch themes. I’m totally willing to play around with the CSS to try to make this work. Can you help me locate the area of the theme that I need to edit to make the forum page layout correctly?

Thanks, again.
    Brandi

Hi Brandi,

Did you pay for the theme ? Then get back to the theme authors, they should be able to help you !

If not, look around in your Admin Panels if under ‘Appearance’ you can somewhere add extra CSS

Pascal.

internetgal
    Participant

@internetgal

Hey, Pascal –

I followed up with the theme developer and they pointed me back to the plugin developer.

Any idea on what is causing the layout issue or where I can look to find the code that is causing the problem?

Thanks!
    Brandi

Hi Brandi,

Did you try to add the above CSS somewhere in your theme’s options ? There should be a place where you can add it.

Pascal.

Robin W

@robin-w

If it is a Genesis theme, it may not play nicely with bbpress.

to fix have you added

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-genesis-extend/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar