Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums not showing up in forum index

• Soffiti
    Participant

@soffiti

I have 63 forums located at soffiti.com, but only 50 are present in the forum index, the other 13 are not shown and only can be searched. I wanted to how I could add the 13 forums so that users can discover them just like the other 50 without running into them during search. I’d like to know if there is a plugin or theme that can solve this without me having to add/edit code (if necessary please give me directions on how I should add/edit the code). Also, I’m guessing that the topics and posts are presented in the same way so I’d like to know how to extend them as well.

Note:
    1. Extend on the same page
    2. Extend to another page

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Soffiti
    Participant

@soffiti

Also, is there a possible way to change the forums are set up? At the moment they are in alphabetical order, I want to be able to put them in my own order.

Hi,
    1) There is no pagination for the forum archive page.
    2) It is not limited to 50 forums, you can create as much as you want. It is just recommended that you use less than 50. You can use a filter to change the number to what you want. I haven’t tested it myself, so try it yourself in your child theme or functions.php:

function casiepa_increase-forum-per-page( $args = array() ) {
       $args['posts_per_page'] = get_option( ‘_bbp_forums_per_page’, 100 );
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( ‘bbp_before_has_forums_parse_args’, ‘casiepa_increase-forum-per-page’ );

3) To order, Edit your forum (Admin Panels > Forums > All Forums) and on the right you will find ‘Forum attributes’, play with the ‘order’ attribute.

Hope this helps,
    Pascal.

themichaelglenn
    Participant

@themichaelglenn

Don’t know if anyone else has (or will have) this same problem, but I have a Category that has probably 60-70 forums, and I anticipate adding more in the future.

Like the OP, I was also only showing the first 50 forums on the category index page.

I used @casiepa ‘s filter but I had to fix the typography (I think that’s the right word?) Not sure because I’m still new to all this and completely self-taught, so there’s lots I don’t know but what I do know is the following code WORKS! (On bbPress 2.5.11-6121.)

// filter to show more than 50 forums on the index page
    function casiepa_increase_forum_per_page( $args = array() ) {
       $args['posts_per_page'] = get_option( '_bbp_forums_per_page', 100 );
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_before_has_forums_parse_args', 'casiepa_increase_forum_per_page' );
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar