Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums not displaying on WordPress Page

• JoeInternet
    Participant

@joeinternet

Ok I ave my WordPress 4.1 running Twenty Fourteen theme and I just downloaded bbpress.

My problem is that i cannot get the link to the forums to display. I never had this problem with simple press.

Anyway I even tried using the exact slug address and it just goes right back to my blogs fromt page and never gets to the forum. I am at a loss here I think what it told me was the address should be http://linksareblue.com/forums/forum/

That again just leads me back to the main blog page.

I am at a total loss here so any help would be appreciated.

Oh yeah i created 4 new forums there and cannot get any of them to display and yes i did publish them not just preview — however they dont even come up under preview.

Any help would be appreciated. I have 4 more sites to put up the same way and i am at a standstill until i get this all figured out.

Joe

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

Have you created an actual forum through your backend?

Once you created a first forum you can go to appearances => menus
    and add a link to your forum page to your menu there.

peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

Sorry, dumb moment, so you have made 4 forums.

If you go to any of those forums through backend, can you press “view forum”?

peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

Also, visiting your site it says: Howdy Irb

Something has gone awfully wrong cause I am not Irb

I guess that you need to fix that and find your forums exactly where they need to be

peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

I see in chrome that the css class of logged-in is added to the body of your page

Somehow it thinks that I am already logged in

JoeInternet
    Participant

@joeinternet

ok i had the forum created on the back end and it said my permalink was http://linksareblue.com/forums/forum/generall-internet-marketing/

So I went to Admin – appearence – Menu

I then created a menu titles Forum and checked the blocks for:
    THEME LOCATION
    Top primary menu
    Secondary menu in left sidebar

I then put in the linking info the Links Categopry on the left side

It then transferred that to the middle of the menu page into the URL and navigation label

I also put the title into the Title Attribute.

I thought it would display either FORUM or INTERNET MARKETING FORUM at the top of the page and the left side, but nothing is showing up.

I dont want to go through the trouble of adding topics to it until i see it working.

Thanks
    Joe

JoeInternet
    Participant

@joeinternet

Hmm i am lrb I have no idea why it is doing that and thinking you are logged on.

If i go to View Forum from the create part it just takes me to the main page of wordpress and not to the forum i clicked on.

Joe

peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

Something else is wrong with your wordpress, it shows your name in the admin bar and menu items.

I see a menu with one link only called “sample page”, so the top menu is showing.

In your menu’s edit screen, on the list with pages etc on the left side of the screen, does it say “Forums”, should be under “pages” and “posts”

Instead of making your own link you should select the forums here and click “add to menu” if you want them in your menu

If there is no “forums” option then there is something very wrong with your install or theme.

JoeInternet
    Participant

@joeinternet

i think i am going to do a full reinstall and see what happens

peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

Good luck, let us know how it went

JoeInternet
    Participant

@joeinternet

Ok i got it figured out…. OPERATOR ERROR on my part. lol

Thanks Peter you pointed out enough to set me on the right track!!!

Joe

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar