Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums Not Cooperating with WishList Setting and Page!

• WivesofJannah
    Participant

@wivesofjannah

I want my forms to only be visible to a certain membership level, and I am using the Member Wishlist Plugin.

Everytime I select the box asking to protect the content for a certain membership level, and then i select the one it should be available to, and then click save – NOTHING HAPPENS! It keeps returning to a default of some kind – making the it unprotected and not for any specific membership level.

I am really frustrated. Those options are working for everything else, just not the forum.

Second:

I am a newbie at all of this – I can’t seem to figure out how to put the forums into a specific PAGE so that I can include it on a customized menu.

Can some please help me out here 🙂

I am using a GENESIS framework, with child theme “landscape” – using the latest version of bbPress, and my website is http://www.wivesofjannahcommunity.com

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • There is no way to simply just stick the entire forum in a specific page.

You can use the bbPress shortcodes (https://codex.bbpress.org/shortcodes/) to create a page that houses a forum index, but that doesn’t stick everything in that page.

Even if you restrict a page that you create with a shortcode, bbPress generates all its own pages such as the forum/topic/reply index pages, user pages, etc.

You can certainly restrict the forum to certain memberships, but it’s going to require some custom code and a little elbow grease. It’s not something that you will be able to do by just marking a checkbox in the WishList settings.

kmal91
    Participant

@kmal91

Jared,

I am wanting to restrict certain forums to certain membership levels and you’ve given me hope. I hope this fix comes soon!

Thank you.

Robin W

@robin-w

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar