Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums missing from admin

• Paul
    Participant

@nozzmoking

Hi hope someone can help?

I’m using the Boating theme by Flexithemes and running WP 4.5 and BBPress 2.5.8.

I was in the frontend and went to edit one of my own forum posts and got an error stating the page did not exist. On looking in admin I notice Forums are now missing including the ability to create new forum posts etc. The only mention of BBpress I can see is the BBP Style Pack in Settings.

If I try to Edit a forum category in the frontend I now get this error:”You are not allowed to edit posts in this post type.”

None of the previous posts have gone missing in the frontend which looks fine, only the backend has lost Forums. Any ideas anyone?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Hi,
    If you have already deactivated all plugins except bbPress and switched to a default theme and you still do not see ‘Forums’, ‘Topics’ and/or ‘Replies’, then please try this in Settings > Forums (check after every step if you find the options back on your dashboard):
    – ‘Settings > Forums’ : (de)activate ‘Anonymous posting’, save, (de)activate it again to get back to your original setting, save
    – ‘Settings > Forums’ : (de)activate ‘Auto role’, save, (de)activate it again to get back to your original setting, save
    – Deactivate the bbPress plugin, then reactive the bbPress plugin
    – ‘Tools > Forums > Repair Forums’ : Remap existing users to default forum roles, click ‘Repair Items’ (WARNING: Make sure to have multiple admins in case the keymaster role would disappear from one account)

Pascal.

Paul
    Participant

@nozzmoking

Thanks for your help Pascal. It turned out the offending plugin is WP Bruiser ( an anti-spam plugin). As soon as I activated it, Forums would disappear. Now I’ve got rid of it Forums is working normally again.

Thanks again!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar