Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums list does not appear correctly on my site

• thajskyraj
    Participant

@thajskyraj

Hi, I have installed your bbpress forum plugin to two WP sites. Both are using same themes Magazine Premium from Bavotasan, however first one is old version and second one is updated version. In updated version bbpress looks great while in the old version List of forums is not displaying correctly as follows:

http://www.thajskyraj.com/forums

For comparrison the updated theme displays it correctly as follows:

http://www.perfectlife.ws/forums

Unfortunately, I need to keep the old version of the theme on the first site and do not want to upgrade that theme to the newever version. But the list of forums is not displaying correctly as far as topics are displaying correctly:

Koh Chang Fórum

Is there anything I can do to correct this error?

Thanks a lot and I highly appreciate your work.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Ok, you might take while to fix this, but here’s some starters.

On the correct forum, the page is using the bbpress.css under a div class of “entry content”
    On the incorrect forum, the page is using your themes css under a div class of “storycontent”

On the incorrect website, I suspect that you need to take a copy of the page.php that this forum is using. Rename this to bbpress.php, and move this file to your theme’s folder. BBpress will then use this as the page style for all forum stuff. Then you’ll need to edit it to use the bbpress theme. Sounds simple when you write it, but this assumes you know what I’m talking about, and even that I know what I’m talking about! But maybe start there and see how far you can get.

thajskyraj
    Participant

@thajskyraj

Thanks Robin, I guess I understand you completely. I did exactly what you advised me to do and it actualy works, however I am not certain what exact code of bbpress theme should I put there.

The code of page.php looks as follows:

<?php get_header(); ?>
    <?php get_template_part(‘loop’, ‘page’); ?>
    <?php get_footer(); ?>

The questions is what piece of bbpress template code should I put between the header and footer. Now I put there code copied from bbpress/templates/default/extras/page-front-forums.php, and its some improvement, however it is still not correct as it put the sidebare widgets under it instead of its correct location.

If you can advise what code should I put there, then it will be perfect solution.

Thanks a lot for your efforts and time.

thajskyraj
    Participant

@thajskyraj

Nearly there :-), I made an error in code. I corrected it and side bar is now corrected. The only last problem I have now is that the forum is there twice :-).

thajskyraj
    Participant

@thajskyraj

Nearly there 🙂 I found I made an error in code, so I corrected it and now sidebar widgets are corrected. The only last problem I have is that the forum is there twice.

thajskyraj
    Participant

@thajskyraj

Problem solved! I found the small error in code. Now its working. Thanks a lot for your advise and guide Robin!

Robin W

@robin-w

Hey, great that you’re fixed !

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar