Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums crazy slow

• My forums- http://www.thegeekgroup.org/bb

are running ridiculously slow. A new post takes roughly 30 seconds to a full minute to go through, and we’re getting a lot of people double-posting unintentionally. (A LOT of people) Sometimes it just times out, and people then hit refresh, and find out that they in fact posted 3 or 4 times…. or it just times out and the post is lost.

All other stuff running on my server is fine, including a WordPress install, so I have to believe it is central to the BBPress installation.

This has been happening for a few weeks/maybe a month or two. Would love insight as to how I can make this move along faster.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I’ve been having the same issue for quite awhile now. I figured it was due to the large size our our forum database. Seems to be getting worse over time. Looking for a fix.

I’ve been having the same issue for quite awhile now. I figured it was due to the large size our our forum database. Seems to be getting worse over time. Looking for a fix.

Nevermind. The problem was with the “Post Notification” plugin. Disabled and the site is blazingly fast again.

Nevermind. The problem was with the “Post Notification” plugin. Disabled and the site is blazingly fast again.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar