Categories
Search
Bottom

forum_id

• xarzu
    Participant

@xarzu

Hi Forum,

In order to perform the syncronization between WordPress and BBPress, I need to know what a specific Forum’s post forum_id is. Where do I find this information?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Thinking out loud about this. A post (reply) must be part of a topic, and a topic part of a forum, right? And right now, here, this post is part of the “forum_id” topic, which is in the “Troubleshooting” forum. So, the information is available in the template file, if it’s being displayed here in a topic. Have you looked in your themes topic.php file to see what provides that information right now? If you’re checking this in WordPress, there will be some additional hoops to jump through, like passing the post ID and globalising some variables, but it seems like the information is available.

What have you tried so far?

xarzu
    Participant

@xarzu

I figured this out.

I found that if you go to the dashboard and mouse over the edit option for a post, the ID appears on the status bar at the bottom of the window.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Oh, I didn’t realize you just needed the forum ID one time. Glad you figured it out.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar