Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum works….links don’t

• Hey Guys.

I got the forum installed and all. Added the blurb above the config, added a .htaccess to bbpress/ root, and all the other steps suggested….

But can’t seem to get the links to work on the main page?

Was using firefox, switched to IE and the theme appears to work in IE not firefox…. that was one thing I noticed… not as important…

When I click to start a post, i get the forum, and when i post I get “The page isn’t redirecting properly” in Firefox, and in IE it tries to load forever.

Then wehn I go back to the main forum page…. there the new post is…

When I click on the post title or forum title, it tries to access in firefox, then i get the same error.

Now i’m testing all this on my local pc, using Xampp which is basically Apache as it’s server. I recently created a .htaccess file for my wordpress root, but it’s currently blank, does it need something? I’d like to get pretty permalinks working, but at the moment, that is the least of my worries.

Any assistance for this?

It is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Omar

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The .htaccess in your bb root has to be set up to take pretty permalinks if you want to use them. The stylesheet thing sounds like a problem with Xampp – check the source html of a page, usually the link to the stylesheet will include backwards slashes, which appears to break it in FF. You probably wouldn’t have this problem on a live server.

Your right about the CSS, some reason it was “http://localhostblogforums/…..” That was the main page.

Not sure how the slashes turned like that….

I don’t care for the permalinks honestly, least of my worries, rather get this forum working first!

So….any other takers?

I’m thinking it might have to do with the Apache modules. By default mod_rewrite wasn’t activated, I recently discovered. Any1 know of any other mods crucial for the bbPres to work?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar