Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum/Topics Order

• checmark
    Participant

@checmark

Have struggled for hours on something I thought was SO simple. I finally managed to get my “Guidelines” to be the top forum; but I can’t figure how to get the sub forums or topics to show below the primary forum with the description. I don’t want the entire topic. Just the title.

Appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Forum

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

my style pack plugin should let you achieve what you want

bbp style pack

checmark
    Participant

@checmark

Yes. I installed that but can’t figure out how to set the display. I’m working on it right now and when I click on what I thought were sub forums under Guidelines I get nothing.

checmark
    Participant

@checmark

Somebody please help! Need to launch my forum now.

Thanks.

checmark
    Participant

@checmark

Looks like it’s hard to get help on this forum. If someone would just steer me to the right documentation for bbPress or the bbp style pack that would be much appreciated. I’m simply trying to get my forum to show the forums, sub forums and topics on the homepage of the forum.

Thanks.

Robin W

@robin-w

it is ‘simply’ ‘showing the forums and sub forums’ – if you want it to show topics as well, then you would use a page with a list of shortcodes eg [bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id]

This will show all the topics – you would need to do some coding to just show topic titles.

Codex

checmark
    Participant

@checmark

Thanks for the help. I’m slowing figuring it out but now have a new issue. I can’t seem to delete anything. I had a duplicate topic so trashed it but it’s still showing. Also had a forum I deleted but it’s also still showing. ??

Showing forums and sub forums is fine. Clicking on a forum takes you to the topics, I assumed; however, a bunch of topics put under a sub forum didn’t show up until I changed it to a different sub forum, then they did show up there. I really want to use bbPress; but I’m obviously struggling.

Appreciate any help.

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, not sure what I can do to help from that description.

All I can suggest is that you check whether you have any caching software – that frequently causes issues with things showing.

If that is not the issue, then the best advice I can give is

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar