Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Topics and Replies Tabs missing in WordPress Admin panel

• goosie00
    Participant

@goosie00

I’ve done something, but I don’t know what? I think the slugs for the ‘forum’ page may have had a conflict (there was a warning message, but I changed the names), and I think the tabs went missing after I rebuilt the tables, but the tabs have totally disappeared now, and I don’t know how to get them back. Its a backend issue, as its not affecting the front end – you can still get to the forum page
    I uninstalled and deleted/reinstalled bbpress, and it hasn’t brought the tabs back.
    I’m really worried that if I delete the Buddypress plugin, I will lose my settings and customer lists of Participants. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    bbPress Version 2.6.6
    Buddypress Version 8.0.0
    Wordpress the latest
    FORUM HERE

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

what is your bbpress role in

dashboard>users

goosie00
    Participant

@goosie00

I have a few I created, an administrator, a keymaster etc.

Robin W

@robin-w

so has the account you are trying to see the dashboard>forums/topics/replies got a keymaster role set ?

goosie00
    Participant

@goosie00

It does. I’ve had them there for years, and now they have gone. Like a PHP file has set them to False, to turn them off.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so if you are a keymaster then I can only suggest

1. reset the permalinks – dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save – this resets them.

2. if that doesn’t fix, it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

goosie00
    Participant

@goosie00

Hi. I have still not had any success, and I’m now frustrated and want to start again. I have gone through all the PHP files on the backend, and I believe that anything to do with topics, and replies is also missing – and still can’t work out why the forum and above tabs are also missing in the admin panel. It’s as though it’s rolled back to a very early legacy version.
    My question is this, can I uninstall Buddypress, and redo it all.
    What files should I backup in the cpanel to keep the participants? Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm… I would suspect that it is not file related, but rather plugin, theme, role or database.

I have gone through all the PHP files on the backend,

That would be several hundred, and given plugins, probably thousands to look through the code of and understand, and would take weeks if not months 🙂

I would ask what you have looked at, but as I say I suspect that files as such are not the issue

participants are in the database.

Without any idea of what you changed to get to this point, it is impossible to advise what to do other than the above.

Unless you have been changing files, then looking at them is probably pointless.

Did you do the actions I suggested ?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar