Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

forum tab does not appear on wordpress desktop

• zklennerf
    Participant

@zklennerf

I have bbpress installed but the forum, discussion and answers tab does not appear on the wordpress desktop.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

zklennerf
    Participant

@zklennerf

Thanks for your answer. I changed the theme and deactivated all the plugins one by one, even leaving only bbpress active but still the tabs and settings did not appear. Will there be any other solution? Thanks,

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, can you explain what you mean by

‘ the forum, discussion and answers tab does not appear on the wordpress desktop.’

zklennerf
    Participant

@zklennerf

On the wordpress desktop, in the sidebar, where the pages, entries, settings tabs are, the forum, topics and replies tabs should show … these 3 do not appear and the forum option does not appear in the wordpress settings tab so i can’t change bbpress settings

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, just checking.

If you have performed the tests above with just bbpress active and a default theme, then these should appear, I can only suggest that your site is somehow corrupt.

do you get anything showing in

dashboard>tools>forums
    or
    dashboard>settings>forums?

zklennerf
    Participant

@zklennerf

I used twenty twenty and only bbpress active and nothing appears. Neither in dashboard> tools> forums
    or
    dashboard> settings> forums

zklennerf
    Participant

@zklennerf

zklennerf
    Participant

@zklennerf

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so does anything show on the front end – where the users see forums ?

zklennerf
    Participant

@zklennerf

The front end is all good, there are registered users and it can be accessed, the problem is in the backend

Robin W

@robin-w

very strange !

ok try this

dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save, this resets the permalinks.

My guess is this will not fix, but let’s eliminate

Robin W

@robin-w

I have just had a thought, when you are looking at this, what level bbpress access does the person viewing it have, they should have both administrator and keymaster as seen in dashboard>users

zklennerf
    Participant

@zklennerf

done… it didn’t work.

zklennerf
    Participant

@zklennerf

probably could be this… I have access as administrator to WordPress but I dont have key master access… Will check

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, that will be the issue – you must be keymaster to see the dashboard items

zklennerf
    Participant

@zklennerf

Sorry for not answering earlier … That was, I didn’t have key master access. Thank you very much, I debt you a beer.

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar