Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Subscription and Notifications not working

• alisonboscolo
    Participant

@alisonboscolo

I have added the forum option to my website but there isn’t an option on the frontend to subscribe to the forum. I checked the backend and the box was checked to Allow Users to Subscribe to Forums or Topics. The notifications aren’t working as well. What am I doing wrong?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

alisonboscolo
    Participant

@alisonboscolo

Thank you, Robin. That didn’t work. I was able to notice that the options to subscribe and notify when a comment is added is only available on the backend. When I logout and view as a guest, those options disappear. Any thoughts why that would happen?

Robin W

@robin-w

if viewing as a ‘guest’ then presumably you are not logged in so have no identity, so the system doesn’t know who you are, so there are no subscriptions or email address to notify

alisonboscolo
    Participant

@alisonboscolo

That makes sense. So, I should require the viewer to logon to the forum? How do I add that?

Robin W

@robin-w

users need to register, bbpress just uses wordpress registration, so you have lots of options for doing this.

alisonboscolo
    Participant

@alisonboscolo

Thank you. That worked. Because I am using the site as an Intranet, I am having to add the users on the backend and then they reset their password when I prompt.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar