Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum styling

• brett3am
    Participant

@brett3am

Hello, I used the shortcode [bbp-forum-index] for my forum page so that I could adjust the sizing and spacing, but when you enter a forum past the index page, I lose those adjustments as it of course loads a different page for the forums after the index page. Is there a way to add a shortcode to the pages that load after index or do I need to do all my styling via CSS?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

link to an example would let me see the issue for your site

brett3am
    Participant

@brett3am

Hi Robin, here is the link to the forum index.

Forums

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so firstly I would make the page url (currently forum) and the forum slug (currently forums in
    dashboard>settings>forums>Forum Root Slug>Forum Root) the same – I’d suggest you make the page forums

That way it will all work better.

I’m suspecting that this will not directly fix, but will let me look better at how to fix

brett3am
    Participant

@brett3am

Okay, I made that change.

Robin W

@robin-w

you are using the divi theme

1. I’d suggest you add

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>theme support and you’ll see some useful info on serach and profiles

2. it looks like the sub pages are using a different divi template.

this link might help
    https://divi.help/threads/bbpress.11376/ or post on that support group or raise with Divi?

brett3am
    Participant

@brett3am

hmmm I think I would need to create a different template for every page according to the suggestion on that page. Strange that there is not a built in way to handle this within bbpress. It so confusing to figure out how to style the pages within the bbpress documentation.

Robin W

@robin-w

there are thousands of themes, and putting divi into the search of this site has not produced any threads I can find which detail your issue, so not sure what to recommend other than asking elsewhere if there is a setting, Divi says it is bbpress friendly.

Robin W

@robin-w

just a final thought. Your theme should have a default template – you might be able to change this in dashboard>appearance>customize to one that doe not have a sidebar.

brett3am
    Participant

@brett3am

Oh excellent thought, I will definitely try that! Thank you so much!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar