Categories
Search
Bottom

forum sidebar not displayed on all bbpress pages

• p3t3rr
    Participant

@p3t3rr

Hi,

I want to display a forum specific sidebar on all bbp pages. For this I include the desired widgets in design > widgets > Forum. The sidebar is correctly shown on many bbpress pages, but not all. For example the forum index page and the bbpress profile page (‘/forum/user-base/username/’) does not have the sidebar.

How can I have the sidebar (named ‘Forum’) display on those pages as well? I am looking for a little php function which I can include in the child theme functions.php. I am using the Enfold theme which generally seems to work very well with bbpress.

I had the same problem when I was experimenting with buddypress (I decided to not use buddypress though). To have the sidebar displayed on all buddypress pages we came up with the following working function:

//custom forum sidebar on buddypress pages
    add_filter('avf_custom_sidebar','avf_custom_sidebar_mod');
    function avf_custom_sidebar_mod($sidebar) {
    	if ( bp_current_component() ) {
    		$sidebar = "Forum";
    	}
    	return $sidebar; 
    }

Can this function be adjusted to work with bbpress? I thought maybe just change the if condition to if ( bbp_loaded() ). But it does not seem to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best regards, peter

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• hellojesse
    Participant

@egyptimhotep

Checkout template files for bbpress in theme directory, then just call widgets and sidebars you want That way you can customize whole bbp subpage s.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar